We are a group of social riders based in the Hanmer Springs area. Our group formed in 2009, mainly to represent recreational horse riders in the management of the Hanmer Recreational Track Network.
The purpose of our club is to promote safe and responsible recreational horse riding in the Hanmer Springs area. We also:
- Advocate for recreational horse riding at local, regional and national levels as appropriate and seek formal affiliation and/or representation on relevant organisations;
- Liaise with landowners, agencies and other key stakeholders to improve access and infrastructure for recreational horse riding;
- Collaborate with other user groups in the planning and management of recreational opportunities within the Hanmer Forest;
- Encourage sound environmental practices for wilderness riding and support conservation initiatives in these areas;
- Promote the Hanmer Springs area as a horse riding destination;
provide a point of contact and local information resource for horse riders from outside the area;
- & do anything necessary or helpful to the above purposes.
If you’re a visitor to Hanmer Springs, we can advise you on the best riding tracks, local conditions and resources for you and your own horse.